Jürgen Kandlbinder heads the “Network Services Control” department and the in-house digitization campaign “NEXT” at Bayernwerk Netz GmbH, based in Regensburg.
Bayernwerk Netz GmbH supplies around seven million people with energy. It is active in five of the seven Bavarian administrative districts, making it the largest regional distribution network operator in Bavaria. Currently, 70 percent of the distributed electrical energy comes from renewable sources. In order to create a modern and intelligent power grid for the future, the company relies on digitization and innovation, supports numerous scientific projects and works systematically on the expansion of energy networks.
- Enhancement and optimization of the Bayernwerk process landscape through monitoring, automation and digitization of processes and development of digital applications
- Definition and pursuit of the economic and technical goals for the network services business domain
- Commercial and process-oriented control of network services
- Tracking of funds and budget as well as creation and development of commercial control instruments for network services
- Identification, design, documentation, implementation, control and optimization of homogeneous business processes (process and quality management, supplies and costs, as well as sustainable enhancement (digitization, innovations, scientific studies))
- Use and implementation of the possibilities of process & data mining technology in order to examine our internal processes, to make them more transparent and to identify relevant fields of action
- Use of AI and ML technologies in the development of digital applications with the aim of making Bayernwerk more efficient and effective
- We are currently collaborate very closely with Professor Dr. Fischer. This helps us to better understand the psychological aspects of digitization and to draw the right conclusions for the future.
- We would also be happy to hold lectures on certain topics about digital technologies in the future, in order to be able to give UR students insights in the practice of Bayernwerk.
Through the contact with motivated and cosmopolitan students and employees of the UR, we hope to receive many ideas. We would be delighted to be able to cooperate much more closely with the UR on exciting projects in the future and to uncover the potential of AI, ML and Big Data technologies in our work environment.
I, or rather we at NEXT, want our employees to shape the working world at Bayernwerk in a future-proof and sustainable manner for the employees and have therefore upskilled ourselves to understand the potential of AI technology and how it can help us with our daily tasks better.
Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. We wish you a nice day!